FIVE FAVOURITES | MAY

14 June 2016

Another month, another favourites. This favourites post is long overdue, as we're already halfway into June! May flew by and I had a hard time thinking about some new favourites, as I still love pretty much all of the same products from last month! Check out last month's five favourites post here to see what I am still loving. Anyway, I won't keep you waiting. Here's what I've been loving during May.

During April I had this massive breakout on my face and noticed that my "normal" skincare wasn't working anymore, so I decided to get myself a whole new routine. I did some research on Caroline Hirons blog and noticed that these toning pads were on her recommendation list. So I had to try it during May! I first bought the 28 pads package, but noticed that my face was loving this, so I quickly ordered the bigger size to rescue my skin. I also got some compliments that I looked good and 'healthy', which I think this product kinda contributes to. And the thing that got me hooked on this product is that I noticed that my pimples cleared up!

The only downside to this product is that I can't get my hands on it here in store in The Netherlands, so I need to be sensible and order in advance before I run out of these and my face has another breakdown. 

Like I said before, my face was having a major freakout to something and my skincare just wouldn't clear it up. So I wanted to give my face a little break of the make-up because that usually helps for my face too. I had to repurchase the Origins Vitazing, and the lovely lady at the stand gave me a few samples of some other Origins face products, including this face wash. When I first used the sample of this face wash, I didn't really like the texture, as it's frothy, like it says on the packaging.

But after using it for about a week, I really started noticing a difference, this really clears up my skin and I love using it! It doesn't dry my skin, which I get scared of when I'm using new face washes, but this is perfect! 
When I shot this month's favourites, I didn't look at what I had been loving last month. Only just now I noticed that the NARS Laguna bronzer was in April's five favourites post too. But that's just how much I love it.

Now that I have a bit more of a tan and just look a little bit more alive, I just gravitate towards this bronzer every time that I wear makeup! In my opinion this bronzer gives you that perfect summer goddess glow. I'm sure that there are lots of other amazing bronzers out there, but I haven't found one yet, that lives up to these standars. 

I cringe by the name of this mascara and when I picked it up in my local drugstore, I wasn't sure that I would love it. But this mascara won my heart during May. Somehow this mascara works on my lashes and I like the look it gives. The only downside to this mascara is that it isn't waterproof, which means that this won't hold the lashes all day. But I love this mascara anyway and will love it even more if/when they bring out a waterproof version of this mascara! 

I somehow come back to these every. single. year. for the past two years. I still think these look so good with any kind of outfit and they're just my go to "shoe" when I am either in a rush, or am looking for a shoe that I can quickly slip into. Birks, yes, they're still sky high on my spring summer shoe list!




4 comments :

  1. I've got my Birkenstocks back out as well, they are just so easy to wear!

    www.wheresmylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birkenstocks zijn mijn fav as well. Kan echt niet zonder meer haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments on my blog! I read and appreciate every single one :) If you ever have any questions, feel free to tweet me @styleansushi or email me styleandsushi@hotmail.com