Happy New Year to you!! I hope you had a magical New Years Eve, filled with love, laughter and lots of champagne! It feels crazy to say 'last year flew by', as it's 2017 now. I now have to remember not to write 2016 on my exams anymore!
Besides the fact that 2016 has been a very shitty year for the whole world, I wanted to share some sort of positivity on the blog about my 2016. I did a post about my favourite memories of 2015 two years ago, and I thought it would be fun to do it all over again.
- Last year I really started to realize who are really important to me. In 2016 one of my oldest best friend and I got in touch again, and we've been inseparable ever since! In 2016 my other two best friends and I got even close than before, talking about grown up stuff and all that!
- In 2016 I also went on holiday to Spain again. I had such an amazing time with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend. My cousin came to stay and we had such a blast! Family has been a very lovely and motivational factor in my life.
- Last year I also finally joined a gym with one of my friends. I actually started to enjoy working out somewhere along the way and am going to extend my membership for another year! However, I haven't been to the gym for a little while, with Christmas and all the December festivities, but I plan on going back next week!
- In 2016 I finished my first year at university. It's crazy to think that in February I will be starting my third year at university and will start interning at a big company right away! Anyway, in The Netherlands you get a certain 'degree' if you manage to get all of your credits in one year, which I did, and am quite proud of!
- I also visited some concerts last year. In 2016 I managed to see Years & Years and The 1975. Both were so bloody amazing live! I also saw a few Dutch artists live, but they didn't really stick to me as much as Years & Years and The 1975 did. I really hope to visit a lot more concerts in 2017, so if you have any music recommendations, send them this way!
- Last year I managed to get some sort of a grip on my 'bad thoughts' and my anxiety. Ever since I started opening up a lot more to my friends about me, my thoughts and mostly my anxiety, I feel like a different person. Opening up really helped me feel light, bubbly and happy again. I haven't been feeling as 'down' and anxious as I had been in 2015, and just generally feel like I have become a lot more confident in my own skin in 2016.
- Lastly, I feel like I should say that I am very thankful for all of you! In 2016 I managed to reach 1000 followers on Bloglovin', which is just the loveliest gesture in the world to me. I still don't really comprehend why so many of you even enjoy my ramblings!
These are all of the things of my 2016 that I felt really, really grateful for. But enough about me. I would love to know what your favourite memories of 2016 are. What made your 2016 special?